Wait and be ready, that is!
Getting through hard times – that’s a big theme in the Bible. God’s people fall away, they suffer, they repent, they call out, they wait for God to redeem them. Repeat. Gee, God, they were just like us!
So, be ready! Today’s story highlights a key element of waiting through hard times for God’s redeeming hand. It talks about having oil in your lamp, but it could just as easily be gas in your car. Only for God’s people, our fuel is FAITH!
Here’s a great song for our theme today!
What’s in your lamp? At PEACE, we‘d love to have you fuel up with us during worship services at 8:30 & 11 a.m. Sundays. Think of it as gas for your spiritual tank!
At PEACE This Morning
Today’s Bible readings: Amos 5:18-24; Psalm 70; 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18; Matthew 25:1-13. Read them here.
The Rev. Eileen Smith Le Van preaches today.
Adult Bible Study
Today’s theme is “Faithful Stewardship.” It’s not all about money! We think of it as “faithful discipleship” instead.
The Adult Forum meets in the Old Fellowship Hall at 10 a.m., led by Pastor Eileen. Stop in the Fellowship Center around the corner to pick up coffee & baked goods!
We celebrate the 500th anniversary of the Reformation this fall with a focus on Martin Luther, featuring stories told through the eyes of his children. Plus: We prove that studying Luther’s Small Catechism can be fun. (Seriously!) Today we talk about the 5th Commandment.
Youth @ PEACE is our all-ages Bible study, where young disciples learn the core stories of our faith and what it means to walk the Jesus Path. We welcome all who yearn to learn more about our loving, gracious Creator.
Bible memory verses: Kids can earn Bible Bucks for verses they memorize and redeem them for cool prizes! Our goal is for young people to bring God’s word deep into their hearts, supporting a lifetime of faith.
We have a special program for the tiniest disciples. God invites ALL children, so bring your babies and squirmy tots for this fun program! We start at 9:45 a.m. with music downstairs in the Youth Room with the older children. Then, our youngest Followers of Jesus head upstairs to the Nursery for an age-appropriate lesson.
We encourage parents to stay – you are your child’s most important teacher! Please call ahead, (530) 575-6132.
At PEACE this week
- Monday Bible Study – Meet from 1:15-2:30 p.m. Mondays in the Meeting Room with Pastor Eileen. Readings from the book of Acts.
- Contemplative Prayer – We gather at 12:30-1 p.m. Wednesdays in the Conference Room by the Office. Experience deep peace and connection to the Divine in this 30-minute period of silence. Hear the “still, small voice” – really! Conducted by Pastor Eileen.
- Family Night – Enjoy hot dogs, sauerkraut, salad & games with us! 5:30-8:30 p.m. Friday, Nov. 17, Sign up in the Atrium or call the office at (530) 273-9631.
- Christmas Rummage Sale – 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily, Sunday, Nov. 19 through Sunday, Nov. 26. Beautiful ornaments – vintage, collectible, hand-painted, hand-blown. More than 500 items! Closed Thanksgiving Day.
- Coming Up – Check out our online calendar for more events at PEACE.
Office Hours – 9am-12pm & 12:30-3:30pm Monday through Friday.
Your spiritual growth
Fall is a time of harvest. In the Church, we see it also as a season of spiritual harvest. So in these weeks after celebrating Pentecost – when God sent his Holy Spirit to Jesus’ followers – we reflect on what our Bible stories tell us about spiritual fruit. How do we live ever more closely with God? How do we bring other closer to feeling God’s spirit in their lives? Learn more a