Will you choose death or life?
God already chose you a long time ago. You can choose to turn away, and that’s OK. But if you open your heart to God, guess what? You get life – and bunches of it!
Life and death – and God’s life-giving Spirit – run through all of today’s stories. In each reading (below), in a different way, God tells us that if we choose Him, he will pour out his Spirit of Life onto us.
And not the old life. New life is ours – miraculous, improbable and inexplicable. Even if we stink to high heaven (read John 11, below).
Maybe you’re not sure you want this Jesus life. Maybe something in you resists. Maybe you think you stink too much. That’s OK. God can overcome that, too, if you ask Him to.
“To set the mind on the flesh is death, but to set the mind on the Spirit is life and peace.” – Romans 8:6
We invite you to stink with us at PEACE Lutheran Church. Together, we beg our Lord to open our hearts to His Spirit, breathing new life even into folks like us!
Today’s Bible readings: Ezekiel 37:1-14; Psalm 130; Romans 8:6-11; John 11:1-45. Read them here.
The Rev. Eileen Smith Le Van preaches today.
Happening at PEACE
- Lenten Soup Suppers – Eat a simple soup dinner with us at 6 p.m. every Thursday through April 13 (The Last Supper) . Then, at 7 p.m., we’ll all head over to the Sanctuary for a short but moving Lenten Worship Service. Read more about Lent here.
- Contemplative Prayer – 12:30 p.m. Mondays in the Library (Room 2 in the Education Wing). Experience deep peace and connection to the Divine in this 30-minute period of silence. Hear the “still, small voice” – really! Conducted by Pastor Eileen.
- Easter & Holy Week – Read about them here.
- Easter Egg Hunt – 12:20 p.m. Easter Sunday, April 16. Meet in the Fellowship Center, then come downstairs to the Youth Room. Bring a friend! Hosted by Youth @ PEACE.
- Women’s Retreat – 9am-2pm Saturday, April 29 at Buttermaker’s Cottage, Penn Valley. Our theme is “Prayer,” presented by Pastor Virginia Ward. Cost is $20 and includes a box lunch. Sign up in the Atrium.
- Coming Up – Learn more about events at Peace Lutheran Church.
Adult Bible Study
The Adult Forum meets in the Old Fellowship Hall at 10 a.m. Pastor Eileen leads. Stop in the Fellowship Center around the corner to pick up coffee & baked goods!
Bring your questions, doubts and challenges to God, the Bible and the Church – they are welcome here!
Meet at 9:45 a.m. in the Youth Room downstairs. Young people of all ages are welcome!
Youth @ PEACE is our all-ages Bible study, where young disciples learn the core stories of our faith and what it means to walk the Jesus Path. This spring, we are learning about the ministry of Jesus and how we can apply His words to our lives (yes, it’s possible!!). We welcome all who yearn to learn more about our loving, gracious Creator!
Bible memory verses: Kids can earn Bible Bucks for verses they memorize and redeem them for cool prizes! Our goal is for young people to bring God’s word deep into their hearts, supporting a lifetime of faith.
Toddler Time – God welcomes even the tiniest of disciples. Toddler Time is for all children from babies to 4 years old. Parents are welcome to stay and participate, or leave their little ones and attend Adult Forum. We start out with music in our all-ages Sunday School opening at 9:45 a.m., downstairs in the Youth Room. Then, parents and tots head upstairs to the Nursery. Our 45-minute “Frolic” curriculum is fun for children and parents. Call Youth & Outreach Coordinator Trina Kleist at (530) 575-6132 to learn more.
Get Involved at PEACE!