God’s people trust – and endure!
It’s strangely easy to trust the latest craze. So why is it so hard to trust God’s own Son? It’s easy to trust in something that seems solid, like a building. But can we trust God as he uses us to build His Kingdom?
In today’s Gospel, Jesus asks his followers to trust in the path he lays out, even though it might take them through hard and dangerous times. Jesus tells his followers their beautiful temple, the centerpiece of Jewish life and worship in Jerusalem, will be destroyed (sort of like Jesus’ own body). He warns them they could be persecuted and even killed because of their belief in him. But, he promises God will give them wisdom to confront their accusers and those who hate them.
All they have to do is endure – then all eternity it theirs! And to endure, they must have faith and work hard. Can we ever have that kind of trust?
“Not one stone will be left upon another.” – Luke 21:6
At PEACE, we work together, and work hard, trusting God to give us trusting hearts so that we may serve the world. We welcome you to work, trust and serve with us!
Pastor Eileen Smith Le Van preaches today.
Today’s Bible readings: Malachi 4:1-2a; Psalm 98; 2 Thessalonians 3:6-13; Luke 21:5-19. Read them here.
Coming up at PEACE
- Diaper Drive – PEACE Lutheran Church Women are collecting diapers and baby wipes for Interfaith Food Ministry. Please bring your donations to the church and leave them in the box in the Atrium.
- Women of Faith – Gather with other women of faith to celebrate Christmas and another year of service to God’s world! We invite you to come at 11 a.m. Saturday, Dec. 3, and check out PEACE Lutheran Church Women.
- Mexican Train – Each week, we get together to play this fun form of dominoes. This month, we meet at 1 p.m. on Thursdays, Nov. 10 and 17, to avoid the Thanksgiving celebration.
- Shoe-Box Christmas – Would you like to fill a shoe box for a deserving child in the world? Information envelopes are available in the atrium. “Operation Christmas Child” collection day is Nov. 20. Your filled shoe box may be brought any time before that date. This is a project of our Ruth Circle of Peace Lutheran Church Women – and all are invited to participate.
- More Coming Events – Learn more about events at PEACE here.
Adult Bible Study
The Adult Forum meets in the Old Fellowship Hall at 10 a.m., led by Pastor Eileen Smith Le Van. Stop in the Fellowship Center around the corner to pick up coffee & baked goods!
Sunday School for children & youth
Youth @ PEACE is our all-ages Bible study, where young disciples learn the core stories of our faith and what it means to walk the Jesus Path. Bring your questions, doubts and challenges to God, the Bible and the Church – they are welcome here!
This fall, we are learning stories from the Old Testament. Coming up: The Children of Israel have been wandering in the wilderness, but they cross at last into the Promised Land. On the last Sunday in November, we shift to prepare for our Christmas program. ALL CHILDREN are welcome to participate in the Christmas program, which will be performed at the 11 a.m. worship service on Sunday, Dec. 11.
We start at 9:45 a.m. every Sunday, downstairs in the Youth Room. Young people of all ages are welcome!
Bible memory verses: Kids can earn Bible Bucks for verses they memorize and redeem them for cool prizes! Our goal is for young people to bring God’s word deep into their hearts, supporting a lifetime of faith.