Please note: We encourage all who are high risk, not feeling well, or uncomfortable with returning to church at this time to stay comfortably at home and watch the online worship service. There is no obligation to return to in-person worship. We want you to be healthy and well.
Welcome back to in-person worship at Peace Lutheran Church!
While we are delighted that you have joined us at this in-person worship service, we are still aware of the risks. So that it will run as smoothly and be as low-risk as possible, we appreciate you following these guidelines.
When you plan to be at an in-person Sunday worship service during this pandemic, please notify the church office of your plans by phone, 530-273-9631, or by email, email@example.com. Knowing how many persons to expect helps us to plan accordingly, especially for screening folks and for registration.
- Face masks are mandatory – please bring yours if you have one. Single-use masks will be made available to persons who do not bring a mask. Masks must cover your nose and mouth.No face mask, no admission to in-person worship.
- Service will be held in the sanctuary, which will be well-ventilated (bring a sweater if needed!). Plastic shields will be used to separate the pastor and the soloist from the congregation and to airborne contaminants.
- Upon arrival, please line up 6 feet apart at the entry doors: one at the top of the front steps and one at the covered portico. Signs will indicate where to enter and exit.
- An usher at the door will 1) check that you have a mask; 2) will take your temperature (at forehead) with a touchless infrared thermometer; and 3) ask you two health-related questions.
- You will be directed inside to spaced floor markers leading to the welcome desk for sign-in; this is so we will have a list of all present at worship in case a positive COVID-19 case should arise and require contact tracing.
- Please pick up a bulletin in the narthex (take it home or recycle it in the narthex after service) and place your offering in the plates by the entry doors inside the sanctuary.
- The two restrooms in the narthex will be available for use, one person at a time; please lock the deadbolt behind you when it is your turn.
- Hand sanitizer will be available in the Atrium, narthex, and sanctuary – please use liberally as you need.
- An usher will show you to your seat: X marks the spot on the pew where to sit (this may not be your favorite or usual seat). Couples and family who reside in the same household may sit together but single worshippers should sit separately.
- Please move directly to your seat and remain seated during the service. Please refrain from touching or direct contact with other parishioners: no handshakes, fist bumps, hugs, etc. Smiles, nods, bows, and waves are okay!
- The service will be simpler and shorter than usual with no standing, singing, sharing the peace, or reciting out loud (if you wish, you can silently mouth the words or hum). Music will be provided by instrumentalists and soloists.
- After service, please exit the church immediately as directed by the ushers. Do not remain in the narthex or the Atrium. At this time, we cannot offer any fellowship inside the church. If you wish to talk with Pastor Wong or with other members, please do so outdoors in the parking lot and continue to maintain social distance.
We are glad to see you today at Peace Lutheran Church!
We want to hear your thoughts and concerns. Please contact Pr. Wong or Cathy Chmel if you would like to talk about any aspect of what we have planned for returning to worship at PLC.
Free Covid-19 testing is available at the at GV Veteran’s Building: you can pre-register and schedule an appointment at https://www.lhi.care/covidtesting or call 888-634-1123.